Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Perfect Romancer

Recently, I have spent some time thinking about The Good Shepard and how he cares for His flock (me). It amazes me how He goes to great lengths to care for us. As I think about His love for me and all the ways He expresses that love to me, it makes me fall in love with him even more. This love affair is unlike anything I know. In the 10 years i have been a Christian, he has yet to stop wooing my heart. Of course, life gets busy and i sometimes don't notice but that doesn't mean he has stopped. And every time in those quiet moments when i see my child smile or a beautiful tulip on my kitchen sink or even smell the grass on the playground after a rain, He is there patiently wooing me to see Him more, to experience Him deeper. For those few seconds, I long deeply to drink in all that He is and I usually have a discussion with myself about spending more time with the Lord. Two minutes later, something ,usually a scream for help, brings me out of my blissful moment with my hearts desire back into the reality of daily life.
Don't get me wrong, I love the reality of my daily life (most days). I am a wife to an amazing man and a mom of two beautiful boys. But I abosolutely adore being wooed by my creator. If us girls are truly honest we all long to be wooed into a great romance. That's because our creator made us that way and He is the only one who can do it GREAT!!!

No comments: