Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Organizing 2 - Cleaning Schedule

OK Alieta this is for you :) and anyone else intrested.
BK (before kids) I was an extreme cleaner. I loved to put on some Kenny G (don't laugh this was a relaxing thing for me:)) and I spent the day cleaning my house. It usually took 4 solid hours. Oh how I loved those days. Then I would get a shower sit down and read a magazine and enjoy my clean house. I did this at least every other week but if time allowed weekly. Since kids I have had to gradually shuck it down to the bare essentials so that it gets done quickly but it gets done! I do the same thing every week (if I miss a day for whatever reason it doesn't get done until the next week and oh well - except when I miss underwear laundry day - then I hear it from John :)) So here it is:

Mondays:
Laundry: 1 kids load & Our darks
Chores: Living room/Dining Room - pick up, dust, vacuum, remove smudgeprints,
Empty Dishwasher & spruce up kitchen

Tuesdays:
Laundry: Our Lights
Chores: Iron John's Clothes for week, Empty Dishwasher & spruce up kitchen

Wednesdays:
Laundry: Towels
Chores: Kids Rooms - pick up, dust, vacuum, remove smudgeprints,
Empty Dishwasher & spruce up kitchen

Thursdays:
Laundry: 1 kids load, our undies/socks
Chores: Master Bedroom - pick up, dust, vacuum, remove smudgeprints,
Empty Dishwasher & spruce up kitchen

Fridays:
Laundry: Linens (bedding) & cleaning rags
Chores:Change Sheets on all beds, clean bathrooms,
Empty Dishwasher & spruce up kitchen


3 things:
1. We try to do bedtime routine here which consist simply of the boys (John 2 if he is home) make a run through house (5-10 min tops) and pick up toys and then get pjs on and teeth brushed. While they do that I clean up kitchen from dinner and load dishwasher.
2. I usually do my chores first thing in the mornings. Our kids are usually up at 6-6:30. I give them a piece of fruit and milk as a "snack" and they watch noggin for about 1 to 1.5 hour (by the end they are up playing with each other) while I do laundry and my chores. Then we have breakfast and start our day. If for some reason it doesn't happen that morning it just doesn't happen but I try to be consistent with it because once we start our day I don't have to work in house stuff around it.
3. Usually about every 6 weeks I take a day and give the house a good cleaning - you know the hard core stuff .

it is basic but I hope this helps anyone intrested. Let me know what you think...


3 comments:

Duane and Kim said...

okay, i'm impressed at anyone who changes their sheets every week, mine are lucky to get changed every couple of months:)

Amanda said...

It makes me tired just thinking about it! I have/had a cleaning schedule too, but since I broke my knee it has gone out the window. I'm just in survival/just the basics mode until the baby arrives!

alieta young casey said...

Yay! I'm glad I'm finally catching up on my blog reading and that you finally posted the cleaning schedule! I have to say, I was thrilled to get a shoutout until I realized the next line contained Kenny G. I don't feel as cool anymore. (: