Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ain't Nothing Gonna Break My Stride (Week 2 Update)

I have been really busy this week and haven't had time to post. I did not loose any weight this week - everyone says week 2 that is to be expected. I think it was a combo of it being week 2 and the 2 rounds of Japanese food I had over the weekend. I learned/am learning alot last week about emotional hunger. I wasn't physically hungry but with John being here I felt like come meal time I needed to eat. I am not blaming John (although he says I am :)) but I am just saying - it was harder with him here. So for once I was glad to see him off for a week so I could get a better handle on my eating.
I decided that we have to find things to do as a family that don't center around food. So Saturday morning we are going for a short hike and I am excited. I found a website with a few places close by but haven't settled on any some suggestions would be great (ie - jess).
Also my friend Shannon has said she will do the Mercedees 5K with me which I am really excited about. It is not until Feb which gives me time to build up. I plan on signing up as a runner but not sure I will be able to run the whole thing. Running is very much something I look forward to after loosing my weight. John loves to run and I can't wait to do it as a family - sometimes.
I am not disappointed about not loosing any weight. I am learning so much through this. I think that having my food options so easily accessible - I just go to the cabinet and pick from the already prepackaged meals (that are surprisingly good) and make it - has taken my mind off thinking about food. I don't have to think about what I have had today and what I can have and so on. I will eventually need to do that but for now I can really think about when and why I eat. It is forcing me to concentrate more on this whole emotional eating. I want terribly for this to be a lifestyle change and with that comes evaluation and retraining and sacrifice. I am there - I am ready but it is not easy!!!
I am starting to have more energy which is great as well. So all in all I am on the right track. I have found a plan that is working for me and I am really excited about it.
There are so many other things I want to write about but right now I can't focus on that. In a few weeks I will be back. Thanks for sticking it out with me friends!!!


5 comments:

Jessie said...

Hooray for Hiking! It is our favorite family past time...absolutely wonderful for the kiddos.

We've only been to Moss Rock Preserve there in Bham. Its really great and easy to get to and do, though. Then I've been to Horse Pens 40, which was fun, but a little bit of a drive. Other than that, I'd hit the AL state park website and just work your way through the ones close to you.

Happy Hiking!

Delta Kelly said...

i am so proud of you! keep posting all the fun things you find to do as well!

Amanda said...

So happy that things are still going well! I am an emotional eater too, and I am encouraged by your efforts to acknowledge it and fight it!

Lindsey said...

awesome! and i'm so glad to hear your perspective! and i was SO glad you called this morning. thanks so much. it really meant a lot. and i want to run the 5K with you too!! i'm not sure how much i'd be able to run WITH you between now and then, but i'd love to sign up and be your partner too! let me know. looking forward to getting together soon. proud of you!!!

Donna said...

I'm so excited to watch this process- emotional eating is SUCH a trap- I know! Keep us posted.