Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Update and a Funny

Jake seems much better today.  He even told me he thought he could hear a little better.  God is answering our prayers.  I kept him home today to rest and honestly because I am just exhausted as well.  I am not sleeping much right now.
I know many of you are truly praying for us right now and I am so thankful.  Here are a couple for tonight/tomorrow:
1. that tomorrow (returning to school) would not be frustrating for Jake
2. That the other kids won't make fun of him
3. That both he and his teacher will have patience with each other
4. For sleep for me.  It's funny how at times like this I feel my age.  I use to spend multiple nights up late craming for test and one good nap and I was good to go.  But not any more.  Now I just can't seem to catch up and the physical exhaustion doesn't help my emotions.  So just pray for sweet sleep for me tonight.
I am thankful for you and all your encouraging words.

Funny:
yesterday John told Jake that we were going to have to just get him a permanent room at Dr. Logan's office.  Jake said I already have one daddy - it's room 4!!!  Sad I know but funny.


2 comments:

Holly S. said...

I'm so glad that Jake is doing better! We'll keep praying for a full recovery for him....and you!

Unknown said...

Dear Jake,
This is Micah. I hope you are feeling better. I am praying for you. I remember all our fun times playing football, StarWars, Wii, and watching tv. Be strong and try to still be helpful. Get lots of rest and write back to me!

Love, Micah