Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Food For the Weary Soul

I want to post about us - it will come soon.  But right now I am in the trenches of arranging, organizing, settling in, creating routines for the flow of our day, getting library cards, gym memberships, finding a community group and women to be my friend.  I am busy in a very good kind of way.

Yesterday I was sad for many trivial reasons.  If you have ever moved I am sure you have felt those feelings.  The moments when you wish you could see a friend face to face or your kids could run across the street when there very best friend gets home from school.  I went to bed last night with a heavy heart and this morning I was reminded gently by a sweet woman (whom God has used of late to feed my weary soul) that I have a very dear friend with me ALWAYS.  He wants to commune with me often and “It’s my own inflated sense of self-importance, the elevation of my work, of my agenda, that keeps me from prayer-communion.  


This post is written so humbly and beautful and it makes me long to be with my father and to put my agenda aside and share my heavy heart with my friend.  I hope it encourages you in your day as well.


2 comments:

The McNeills said...

I read her blog, too! So encouraging, isn't it? I'll have to check out the book.... looks like it will be good!

--Shelley said...

i feel peaceful just reading her blog. i don't know if it was the words or the music or the pictures or all three. probably the subject matter. thanks for sharing.