Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Fever = Spring Cleaning

I absolutely love spring time. Seeing everything come to life delights my soul. This past week was Jake's spring break so me and the boys headed to the beach. John's mom lives about 1/2 mile from the "little beach" as jake calls it. It is the sound that runs between Pensacola, Navarre, Ft.Walton and Destin. To get to the beaches you have to cross this water. But it is wonderful. We go for walks or ride bikes right from her house and get to enjoy that wonderful ocean breeze and see the water. There is something about sand. dirt and water that really romances the heart of a boy. Jake and Brady had a blast and did not want to come home. It was wonderful for me as well. I only wish it had been a little warmer so we could have spent all of our time outside. But when we were outside we loved it. Last night before we came home John bathed the boys and when I was dressing Brady I counted 6 very significant bobo's and removed 7 splinters from his hands. Amazing!!! Here he is showing off 2 of the bobo's


Coming home to this dreadful apartment has kinda put me in a fowl mood. Most of the time I don't mind the apartment but spring has been the worse both years we have lived here, especially this year with both of the boys old enough to play in a back yard. But I am trying to not be down. This spring anyway I will just load them up and head for the parks probably every day.
I decided that this week I would clean and purge because one of the things that puts me in a great mood is a clean and organized house. This desire ALWAYS comes for me with the onset of my spring fever. So this morning I started the process. Right now I am mainly purging and will do the cleaning after the junk is out of the house. Thought I'd share this picture with you. This is what is going in the trash from 3 closets, the master bedroom and laundry room. (looks like jake is all done with spring cleaning :))


It is absolutely amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in 6-8 months (I usually do this twice a year). Of course some of it was just empty boxes of stuff I condesed but still it was taking up room in my space. I love simplicity and organization and as you can see I am on my way back to my great mood :)



1 comment:

April Brown said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you're back!! Can't wait to catch up.