Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Chief Meal of My Day - Part Two

" Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Phil 4:8

Principles for Relating to my Husband:
  1. 1. He deserves my utmost respect at all times, not because he earns it but because the Lord commands it: Don't relate/respond to him based on the way he relates/responds to me!
  2. Do whatever necessary to protect his name, ego and reputation at all cost in all circumstances: Be extremely selective and discreet in discussing matters that concern him with others.
  3. Give to him in all ways at all times and entrust my well-being (physically, emotionally) to the Lord
  4. Clearly communicate my needs to him and help him to be successful at meeting those needs.
  5. Know that he will fail me and choose to forgive him today for all that he will do from this day forward - Christ did this for me!! : Keep short accounts
  6. Don't be naive in my thinking - my feelings will be hurt, my needs won't be met and he will let me down. It is my responsibility to seek quick reconciliation despite who is the victim
  7. He is my sweetest gift from God on this earth. Delight in him and cherish him.
  8. Take him at his word and make him be a man of his word


No comments: