Thursday, May 15, 2008

Crazy Crazy Crazy!!!

So a few nights ago begin a bout of sleepless nights that started with a complete crying fit all because of the movie PS I Love You. Here has been my crazy crazy emotional week - find humor in it! -
The end of last week I saw an immunologist about my crazy hives stuff. He was absolutely wonderful by the way. He is running a whole host of blood works on me to try to determine what is going on but also prefaced me with the fact that 90% of the people that experience what is going on with me don't know what causes it and just have to learn to manage it. Anyway, so this week I have been waiting on the results.
There is a girl in our Sunday School class whose 28 year old cousin has been dying of cancer and we have been praying for her. Earlier this week she died. I knew she had a caring bridge site and so I just go on to look at it and see if they had posted how she died. (they seem to be such a godly family and i was just curious of what happened those last few hours) Well her mom posted about her death and how she (her mom) was able to be there as her daughter went to be with her Father. It was such a great thing and I was crying uncontrollable and those of you who know me know that doesn't happen all to often especially over someone I don't know. So then I go back and read how she was diagnosed with cancer. Her first symptom was HIVES!!!!
I just sat there and stared at the screen for a few minutes.
So then that night John and I watched PS I Love you! I had no idea what the movie was about. The gist is that this woman's amazing husband dies from a brain tumor and he leaves his wife these letters helping her deal with his death. As I said earlier I was completely inconsolable.
So needless to say, I didn't sleep much that night or the ones following. I really don't think that I have cancer or that I have any reason to believe that I may be dying soon but I must say it has really stirred some deep emotions within me.
What a crazy week!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I will pray for you peace, Amy, that all sounds very emotional.

Kari said...

I will pray for peace for you also. I remember when I first got married and was scared to fly by myself (still am), you gave me some great advice and spoke truth to me. I won't write it on here, but if I talk to you I'll remind you of your words.

April Brown said...

In the words of LaJuan Black...You've got to lasso down those lies! Nothing sends me in to a tail spin quicker than thinking something's going to happen to my JerBear or my kids. These days it quickly sends me to the dark place...watch 27 dresses!! It's more upbeat ;)