Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Golden Nugget

I found a very big golden nugget today and wanted to share it with you! I have been looking at this book for a while now but wasn't sure if it was age appropriate for my boys. I decided to bite the bullet and get it knowing that I could use it eventually. It is amazing!!! It specifically breaks down sins and struggles and gives you ideas, scripture refs, consequences etc for each one. I very much see that natural consequences work best in a lot of cases (especially with my 4 year old) but often struggle with what exactly that consequence should be. She tells you and gives you scripture to back it up. It is an amazing resource for a parent that longs to teach and train your children with the Word.

For Instruction in Righteousness is the title. Here is the link. http://www.doorposts.net/instruct.asp


4 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks, Amy! That sounds like a really good one. I'd like to recommend "Creative Correction" by Lisa Whelchel for the same reasons...

Amy said...

Kristin I have read that one too and it is great as well. Plan on buying it for a resource as well. This one is just broken down more specific than hers. Same gist just more stuff

Delta Kelly said...

just got mine in the mail, AND i ordered plants grown up - I am already seeing a difference in some of the issues around my house!!! praise the LORD! glad to see you posting again!

Shannon said...

Hi Amy- got your comment...I'm so sorry, I must have missed something- did you email me? Sometimes I delete by mistake...