Monday, August 11, 2008

A Stake Driven Deep - Part 1

I don't want this post to be super long so I am breaking it up. John suggested this but I am not sure how I feel about it nor how well it will read. So I am gonna give it a try and see what I think.
If you want to stop with the first one then so be it or you can read on to get the whole story.

Today, in church, God used the sermon to drive a stake deep into my heart. What he showed me didn't necessarily have to do with the sermon but only with a few things our Pastor said. Here is the stake: I am not called to parent my children for my children's sake but solely for the glory of God!!!!
That may sound silly to those of you who already get that but to me today it is profound and oh so freeing!!!!! There are 3 very specific instances that God has used in my life earlier this summer to create the momentum that this stake needed to land so deep in my heart like it did today. For me, sitting here writing this is such a worshipful experience because I get to rehash some serious stones that God place in my life this summer to become Stones of Remembrance that He ALONE is the Faithful One.


No comments: